Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Lazy

It’s been a while since I’ve posted something. I have a few ideas rolling around in my head but I just haven’t gotten to writing down something coherent. My wife and I haven't spent much time in the World lately due to us buying some DVD's. Now that we've burned through the entire first season of True Blood (I've even switched our premium cable subscription from Showtime to HBO in preparation for season 2), I should have something up on Thursday with a little meat behind it. For now, the WoW economy seems to be on a slow spiral back to low activity. I asked a former guildmate Dagr about his guild’s food buffs because it seems that my buff food isn’t selling well and prices are deflating. He says his guild always uses a fish feast before every boss. I’m going to see if raiders buy the fish feast, just the raw materials neither and just farm it. I have a feeling they just farm it. I guess it’s good for regular raiders that they don’t have to spend money on individual buff food, but bad for those of us that used to make a decent amount of money from it. We’ll see how the Fish Feast research goes. I think I need to head to Wintergrasp and do some fishing first.

I read a few days ago that Gevlon of the Greedy Goblin is going to give some tips or show how Engineers can make money. I’m curious to see what he comes up with. As an “Engineer for life”, I’ve found that we can make money, just not nearly as much as some other professions, especially Inscription. Since the decline of buff food, I’m making most of my steady income from ammo sales. I’ve tried selling scopes before and they don’t move in any significant quantity to really bother with most of the time and the profit margin is maybe 10 gold each. Maybe I’m missing something, so if anyone has any tips on Engineer money making ideas, please share them.

5 comments:

  1. There's always the Mote Extractor. Eternal Fires are expensive on my server because most people farm them in WG, which we don't always control. Milking cinder clouds helps to put some extra change in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I've had my mote extractor for a while now. It made me a decent amount of gold during the Burning Crusade. I'm still using it all the time and I usually use my eternal fires for making titansteel. The whole goal for me is to minimize farming time. I guess I'm not going to get away from it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pets are what I've been making money off of. Especially the Tranquil Mechanical Yeti (as you have to farm for the lifelike mechanical toad pattern, or pay alot for it). You have to scan the market for the mats daily and buy in bulk when they're cheap, but I've been selling it for 130-140g and I have no real competition. Like seriously, the one guy that tries to sell hasn't lowered the price below 170g for some reason and his only sells when I get busy and forget to repost some of mine. Of course, there might be someone else making money selling the same thing, so get the pattern and then research first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, LOVE True BLood. Great series.

    Yeah I had saved a crapload of buffed food to seel when the expansion came out and it did ok in the first couple of weeks but slowly the market dropped. Yeah I think alot of folks use the fish feasts before bosses, not sure how long it would take to farm all the mats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ MyName: I'll get the Yeti plans this weekend :)

    @ Justamom: I can't get the title song from True Blood (Bad Things) out of my head! I think the show must have "glamored" me!

    ReplyDelete